This internet radio show or podcast is number 124 in the series for Franklin Matters. This captured the audio recordings of several Town Council meetings held during 2013.
Yes, that is correct 2013. We are going back into the archive to bring these out with the help of Franklin TV. The video on demand archive on the official Town of Franklin webpage only goes back to 2014. So we are going back to
- June 19, 2013 = the first meeting that the Town Council heard about the proposal for Cook’s Farm and of the need for the Residential VII zoning change.
- Sep 11, 2013 -= Residential VII zoning bylaw proposal referred to the Planning Board
- Sep 25, 2013 = Residential VII zoning comes back to the Council for the first reading and barely makes it to the 2nd reading by a 5-2 vote (2 recuse)
- Oct 16, 2013 = Residential VII comes up for the 2nd reading and passes by a 6-1 vote (one of the prior ‘no’ votes changed)
My notes from the meetings have been posted to the Franklin Matters webpage.
I’ll indicate between sections of the meetings which one you’ll be listening to. This should help to set the context for the overall discussion and decision to create and pass the Residential VII zoning bylaw.
Without further ado, here are the combined recordings of the meetings
This brings the recording of several Town Council meetings from 2013 to a close.
---- ---- ----
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but I can't do it alone. I can use your help.
How can you help?
- If you like this, please tell your friends and neighbors.
- If you don't like this, please let me know.
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements.
Thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission
I hope you enjoy!
|subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters on iTunes|