The Franklin Public Schools will foster within its students the knowledge and skills to find and achieve satisfaction in life as productive global citizens.
"The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which
may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed
and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent
permitted by law."
|the key to learning|
1. Routine BusinessCitizen’s Comments
Review of Agenda
Minutes: I recommend approval of the minutes from the March 23, 2017 Special Meeting March 28, 2017 Regular School Committee Meeting and the Executive Session Minutes from March 23, 2017.
Payment of Bills Dr. O’Malley
Payroll Mrs. Douglas
FHS Student Representatives
1. Nicolas Gnaman
2. Alexander Chitarra
Correspondence: Budget to Actual
2. Executive session for the purpose of discussing strategy as it relates to contract negotiations over the incoming Superintendent’s contract.
Return to open session
Motion to move action item regarding approval of incoming superintendent’s contract to an early vote.
Early Action Item:
L. I recommend approval of the incoming Superintendent’s contract.
3. Guests/Presentationsa. Signing of incoming Superintendent’s Contract
b. School Safety Presentation - Peter Light, Dr. Maureen Sabolinski
4. Discussion Only Items
- FY18 Budget
- Bi-County Collaborative Quarterly Report
- Policy – First Reading
- JJG – Community Sponsored Activities
5. Action Itemsa. I recommend that we not accept any new school choice students for the 2017-2018 school year.
b. I recommend adoption of the FY18 Budget in the amount of $60,175,000.00 as discussed.
c. I recommend approval of the request of Mr. Peri that eligible DECA club student attend the International DECA Competition in Anaheim, CA from April 26-30, 2017 as detailed.
d. I recommend acceptance of a check for $300.00 from the Parmenter PCC for field trips.
e. I recommend acceptance of a check for $50.00 from Steven Mollo for in-house enrichment at RMS.
f. I recommend acceptance of a check for $500.00 from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for in-house enrichment.
g. I recommend acceptance of a check for $250.00 from the Keller PCC for scholarship/memorial as detailed.
h. I recommend moving Policy JJG – Community Sponsored Activities, to a second reading.
i. I recommend acceptance of a check for $449.30 from the Jefferson PCC for supplemental supplies.
j. I recommend acceptance of $2,000.00 from Music Parents for in house enrichment.
k. I recommend acceptance of two checks totaling $2,575.00 for FHS as follows:
1. $1,000.00 from Special Olympics of MA for in-house enrichment
2. $1,575.00 from various for Robert Lima Scholarship
6. Information Matters• Superintendent’s Report
a. MetroWest Health Survey Key Indicators Report
• School Committee Sub-Committee Reports
a. Policy – MaryJane Scofield
• School Committee Liaison Reports
a. Community Relations – Denise Schultz