As a volunteer “Community Information Director”, I attend as many Town Council, School Committee, and other Franklin meetings as I can. I will report on the full and complete meeting, publishing my notes as the meeting progresses. You can subscribe to the daily newsletter delivered via email. You get one email a day with everything published in the past 24 hours. Spend about 10 minutes a day to keep up with what matters in Franklin.
You can also follow the Facebook page but I caution you that Facebook filters what you see. The best way to get all the news is via the newsletter.
Why do I do this?
I do this as my public service effort to give back to Franklin because accurate information matters. All too often a conversation or opinion includes incomplete or inaccurate information. I find that the local newspapers cover very little of what actually occurs at a meeting. That won’t change, their objective is to sell papers and advertising. I don’t have that objective so I can focus on the complete story and all the details that go with it.
This is a community organization as I depend upon you for reading, sharing and asking questions. Your questions lead me to explore the real stories. To understand the full problem or issue. We also depend upon your sending in the events to be published. I am fortunate to have a very capable partner in this calendar venture. Renata Gilrova helps to coordinate the calendar of events in Franklin.
We can use additional help. If you have an interest in writing about something that matters in Franklin, please let me know. For example, the Planning Board, Conservation Commission, and Zoning Board of Appeals meetings all have topics of significance for Franklin but we need someone to attend and report on them. If you have the interest and time, I will provide the training.
As always -
- If you like what we do here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something, please tell me.
This feedback loop is important. Through this conversation, we can improve upon how and what we do here.
Thank you for reading, sharing, and asking questions.
- This blog doesn't accept ads or sponsorships.
- I don't own stock or accept royalties from any company or product mentioned on this blog.
- I don't serve on the board of any ‘for profit’ company.
- If the occasion were to come up, I would consider accepting samples of stuff with a nominal value (under $20 or so).
- I will tell you that there is no correlation between mentioning stuff and whether or not someone sent it to me.
- I write about what I find and think matters in Franklin. My postings represent my own personal views and are not being made on behalf, nor do they represent the views, of Manulife / John Hancock.
My LinkedIn Profile can be viewed here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/stephensherlock
We do foster respectful conversation and discussions.
The comment policy can be found here: Comment policy
Reporting on meetings can be done live (in person) or real-time (via the cable or internet feed) or on a delayed basis (via the video on demand). The distinctions are explained here.
Please Note: Your privacy and effective use of your time is top priority with these subscription options. I do not use your email for any other purpose.
Note also that my postings represent my own personal views and are not made on behalf of, nor do they represent Manulife/John Hancock.
The prior "Why Franklin Matters" text can be found here