Debate Rules and Format
1. Moderators introduced
2. Moderators Explain Rules/format – Asks voters in attendance to write down questions for the candidates. Moderators to collect the questions, randomly pick the questions to ask, but review to make sure no rude, vulgar or inappropriate questions.
3. Candidates for State Legislature introduced by moderators – Jeffrey Roy (D) incumbent, Patrick Casey (R)
4. Flip a coin to determine who goes first.
5. Opening statement for Candidate one – 4- minutes
6. Opening statement for candidate two – 4- minutes
7. Candidate one: Ask opponent one question – 1 minute
Candidate two: Response – 3 minutes
8. Candidate two: Ask opponent one question – 1 minute
Candidate one: Response – 3 minutes
9. Alternate questions between candidates. Each candidates has up to 3 minutes to answer a question and a 1 minute rebuttal to any answer from opponent.
10. candidate one to make a closing statement – 5 minutes
11. Invited candidate two to make a closing statement. – 5 minutes.
|10th Norfolk District - Candidate Debate - Oct 29|
The first debate held at the Library by Franklin in Focus was recorded and is available for replay here:
FM #148 - 10th Norfolk Representative District Debate - Oct 13, 2018 (audio)