This internet radio show or podcast is number 173 in the series for Franklin Matters.
This recording shares the candidate interview with current Town Councilor Melanie Hamblen. Conducted in the studios of Franklin TV and Radio, this is a product of the collaboration with the local cable and radio operations.
We reviewed the following questions, some of them were ‘crowd sourced.’ Some of you may remember the call for input solicited in August 2019 for this election. Thank you for your contributions.
Hopefully, the information provided here, and in the other interviews, will enable a good choice among the candidates for each position.
- There are and have been many opportunities to volunteer with community groups in Franklin. Have you taken advantage of any of these? Which ones, and why did you choose that/those?
- Where do you get your news about Franklin?
- For all those running for Town Council: We are in a constant water shortage. We are adding to our population and increasing out need for water. Given that all those who live in Franklin draw their water from the same aquifer, do you support a ban on using water for what I will call cosmetic use (lawn watering) during water shortages, even for those with a private well? If not, why not, considering that those with private wells are still dangerously affecting our water level for uses other than vanity? Or put simply: Do you support the private use of wells for lawn irrigation at times when the town's aquifer is dangerously low for use by the community for essential use in homes and fire prevention?
- What degree of development do you feel is appropriate for Franklin, and how would you balance the need for affordable housing, with the need to avoid congestion?
- The Town Administrator has suggested that Franklin needs to pass an override measure. What actions will you take to support the passage of this measure?
- Why should I vote for you?
Let’s listen in to the conversation on these questions with Melanie. The recording runs approx 24 minutes.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but I can't do it alone. I can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors.
- If you don't like this, please let me know.
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements.
Thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes = search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"
|subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters on iTunes|