The Franklin Public Schools will foster within its students the knowledge and skills to find and achieve satisfaction in life as productive global citizens.
A G E N D A
“The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.”
1. Routine Business
a. Review of Agenda
b. Citizen’s Comments
i. In the spirit of open communication, “the School Committee will hear public comment not related to an agenda item at the beginning of each regular School Committee Meeting. The Committee will listen to, but not respond to any comment made. A Committee member may add an agenda item to a future meeting as a result of a citizen comment” – from Policy BEDHc. FHS Student Representative Comments
d. Superintendent’s Report
2. Guests / Presentations
- a. FHS Europe Trip Recap – Kevin McCarthy, Mike Walsh, FHS Students
- b. Health & Wellness Curriculum Presentation – Kristin Letendre
- c. NEASC Two-Year Update – Paul Peri, William Klements
3. Discussion / Action Items
a. Policy – 2nd Reading/Adoption
I recommend adoption of the following policies as discussed:
- BEDB – Order of Business
- BEDH – Public Participation
b. Superintendent’s Contract
The Chair recommends approval of the Superintendent’s Contract as Discussed.
4. Discussion Only Items
a. MASC Resolutions 2019
- Resolution 1: Banning Polystyrene from Schools
- Resolution 2: Pertaining to Educator Diversity and Professional Licensure
- Resolution 3: School Transportation
- Resolution 4: Climate Change
- Resolution 5: Full Funding of Transportation Costs for Students in Foster Care and State Care
- Resolution 6: Universal Quality Pre-Kindergarten Access in Massachusetts
- Resolution 7: Poverty and Children
- Resolution 8: Resolution for Access to Menstrual Supplies
- Resolution 9: Charter School Reform
5. Information Matters
a. School Committee Sub-Committee Reports (e.g. Budget; Community Relations; Policy; Transportation; Public Schools Advocacy; Ad Hoc Superintendent’s Evaluation)
b. School Committee Liaison Reports (e.g. Joint PCC; Substance Abuse Task Force; School Wellness Advisory Council [SWAC]; MASC)
6. New Business
a. To discuss any future agenda items
7. Consent Agenda
I recommend approval of the minutes from the September 24, 2019 School Committee meeting as detailed.
b. Executive Session Minutes
I recommend approval of the minutes from the September 24, 2019 Executive Session of the School Committee meeting to be released as detailed.
c. Keller Gift
I recommend acceptance of a check for $2,844.00 from the Keller PCC for field trips as detailed.
d. Recurring New Hampshire Primary Trip
I recommend approval of the request of Mike Walsh to travel to New Hampshire for the presidential primary on February 10, 2020 as detailed.
e. JFK Gift
I recommend acceptance of a check for $625.00 from the JFK PCC for field trips as detailed.
f. Recurring FHS Music Trip to NY City
I recommend approval of the request of Leighanne Rudsit, Diane Plouffe and Olivia Goliger to take FHS Band, Chorus and Orchestra students to New York City to see a Broadway Show and the Metropolitan Opera from April 18-19, 2020 as detailed.
8. Payment of Bills Dr. Bergen
9. Payroll Mrs. Douglas
Documents released for this meeting can be found on the Town of Franklin Schools page
|Franklin MA: School Committee - Agenda - Oct 15, 2019|