Consistent with Public Health Data and Trends, Step Two of Phase II of Reopening Massachusetts Set to Begin on June 22
Today (Friday, June 19, 2020), the Baker-Polito Administration announced that Step Two of Phase II of the Commonwealth’s four-phase reopening plan, Reopening Massachusetts, will begin on Monday, June 22 to allow additional industries to resume operations under sector-specific guidelines.
Businesses and sectors set to begin operating in Step Two of Phase II are subject to compliance with all mandatory safety standards.
On May 18, the Administration released a four-phased plan to reopen the economy based on public health data, spending at least three weeks in each phase. Key public health data, such as new cases and hospitalizations, has been closely monitored and seen a significant decline allowing for Step Two of Phase II to begin on June 22.
The following will be eligible to reopen in Step Two of Phase II on Monday, June 22:
- Indoor table service at restaurants;
- Close-contact personal services, with restrictions;
- Retail dressing rooms, by appointment only;
- Offices, at 50 percent capacity
In order to give Step 2 businesses time to prepare, the Administration had previously released sector-specific guidance in advance of Phase II for industries including restaurants, close-contact personal services and sectors not otherwise addressed:
- Guidance for Restaurants https://www.mass.gov/info-details/safety-standards-and-checklist-restaurants
- Guidance for Close-Contact Personal Services https://www.mass.gov/info-details/safety-standards-and-checklist-close-contact-personal-services
- Guidance for Other Industries https://www.mass.gov/resource/reopening-sector-specific-protocols-and-best-practices
- Guidance for Sectors Not Otherwise Addressed https://www.mass.gov/info-details/safety-standards-and-checklist-sectors-not-otherwise-addressed
VIEW THE FULL REPORT https://www.mass.gov/doc/reopening-massachusetts
VIEW GOVERNOR BAKER’S PHASE II EXECUTIVE ORDER https://www.mass.gov/doc/june-6-2020-phase-ii-reopening
Video update link for June 19, 2020 = https://youtu.be/jT5dDSQIHUU