FRANKLIN TOWN COUNCIL
Agenda & Meeting Packet
June 17, 2020
Franklin High School Football Field - Pisini Stadium
Oak Street, Franklin MA, 02038 7:00 PM
The Franklin Town Council will be holding its annual budget hearing on the Franklin High School Football Field. The purpose of this location is to have a place that allows for proper implementation of the guidelines produced by the state Department of Public Health (DPH) regarding Town Meetings for Municipal Legislative Bodies.
Executive Order 37 promulgated by Governor Baker. If attending in person, see DPH guidelines here. Additional guidance and details will be announced.
All budget materials are online https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget and individual budget links are below on the agenda.
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
a. This meeting is being recorded by Franklin TV and will be shown on Comcast channel 11 and Verizon Channel 29. This meeting may be recorded by others.
3. CITIZEN COMMENTS
a. Citizens are welcome to express their views for up to five minutes on a matter that is not on the agenda. The Council will not engage in a dialogue or comment on a matter raised during Citizen Comments. The Town Council will give remarks appropriate consideration and may ask the Town Administrator to review the matter.
4. HEARINGS - FY 2021 Budget Hearing 7:10pm
a. Voting Document for the FY21 Franklin Town Budget
i. FY21 Budget Message from the Town Administrator https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget/files/fy21-town-administrator-budget-message
ii. FY21 Town Administrator Proposed Budget https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget/files/updated-budget-councile
iii. Appendix A
iv. Appendix B1 Franklin School Committee Recommended FY21 Budget Executive Summary (https://www.franklinps.net/sites/franklinmaps/files/uploads/02._executive_summaryrevised.pdf), Appendix B2 Franklin School Committee Recommended FY21 Budget (https://www.franklinps.net/sites/franklinmaps/files/uploads/fy21_sc_approved_budget_overview.pdf)
- Appendix C1 Historic Data: Budget Breakdown https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget/files/appendix-c1-historic-data-budget-breakdown
- Appendix C2 Historic Data: Operating Revenue https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget/files/appendix-c2-historic-data-operating-revenue
- Appendix C3 Historic Data: Fixed Cost https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget/files/appendix-c3-historic-data-fixed-costs
- Appendix C4 Historic Data: Local Aid https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget/files/appendix-c4-historic-data-local-aid
- Appendix C5 Historic Data: Local Receipts https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget/files/appendix-c5-historic-data-local-receipts
- Appendix C6 Historic Data: Assessments https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget/files/appendix-c6-historic-data-assessments
- Appendix C7 Historic Data: New Growth https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget/files/appendix-c7-historic-data-new-growth
- Appendix C8 Historic Data: Free Cash Balances https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget/files/appendix-c8-historic-data-free-cash-balances
- Appendix C9 Historic Data: FC & RE https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget/files/appendix-c9-historic-data-fc-re
5. COUNCIL COMMENTS
- Two-Thirds Vote: requires 6 votes
- Majority Vote: requires majority of members present and voting
|Franklin, MA: Town Council - Budget Hearing #1 - June 17|