A message from FRANKLIN PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT
I hope you are all enjoying a restful and fun summer. I wanted to check in as we are one month away from the opening of the new school year. Time to get out and purchase the new notebooks, pencils and backpacks!
Some pertinent dates/information:
- Administrative Offices: All Principals and clerical staff will officially be back full- time on August 11. Class schedules and placement letters will go out in the mail on August 18.
- Medication Drop Off: We are unable to accept student medication until our school nurse are back on September 3. If your child is required to take medication during the school day, please see the school nurse on September 3 with the medication and medical orders.
- FHS is on schedule to open and our Class of 2018 will be visiting the HS as part of the FHS Experience the week of August 11. Students attending will be issued their Chromebook, Class Schedule, Bus Pass and School ID.
- Transportation- Bus Passes will be issued at your child's school the week of August 24-28 between 7:30 and 4:00.
- Bus routes will be online and in the local paper on August 14.
- FHS parking- There is limited student parking and student spaces were assigned in the lottery last spring. Students who did not receive a parking space will need to arrange for transportation , sign up for Pay to Ride or may purchase a Shuttle Bus Pass (reduced fee).
Other Town Information:
If you interested in going green, the Town of Franklin is seeking families to be part of the Solar Challenge. Using solar panels lowers your carbon footprint and can save energy costs.
The Franklin Department of Planning and Community Development is hosting a meeting on August 20 at 7:00 pm at Town Hall to look at how to engage the community to invest in solar energy. By group purchasing community the cost can be lower.
The Parmenter School has had solar panels for several years and the energy savings has been tremendously impactful. We hope that our other schools will look to be a partner in this initiative.
|the new Franklin High School under construction earlier this year|
This e-mail has been sent to you by FRANKLIN PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you wish to discontinue this service, please inform FRANKLIN PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT either IN PERSON, by US MAIL, or by TELEPHONE at 508-613-1777.