March 25, 2008 7:00 P.M.
Municipal Building – Council Chambers
Call to order Mr. Roy, Pledge of Allegiance, Moment of Silence (audio)
1. Routine Business · Citizen’s Comments (audio)
· Review of Agenda
· Minutes - I recommend approval of the minutes from the February 26, 2008 and March 11, 2008 School Committee Meetings.
· Payment of Bills Mr. Kelly
· Payroll Ms. Armenio
· FHS Student Representatives
· Correspondence - Letter from Jeffrey Nutting regarding consolidation of facilities.
The above items can be found in this audio segment (audio)
a. 2008-09 Handbooks (all but FHS) (audio)
b. Horace Mann School Improvement Plan (audio)
c. Miriam Goodman, Business Administrator contract signing and School Nurses contract signing (audio)
· FY 2009 Budget
- Superintendent's overview (audio)
- High school (audio)
- Middle schools (audio)
- Special education (audio)
- Elementary schools (audio)
- Last questions (audio)
· Budget to Actual (audio)
· First Reading – Entrance Age Policy JEA (audio)
· First Reading – School Admission/Residency Policy JFAA-R (audio)
· Finalize Superintendent’s Goals (audio)
· Consolidation of Facilities (audio)
4. Action Items:
1. I recommend acceptance of the Horace Mann Middle School’s School Improvement Plan.
2. I recommend acceptance of a check for $2,000.00 from the Best Buy Teach Award grant awarded to Laura Chiaravallotti, 6th grade English/Social Studies teacher at the Remington Middle School.
3. I recommend acceptance of a check for $35.32 from Follett Educational Services from surplus books for the Parmenter gift account.
4. I recommend approval of Leighanne Cullen’s request for an Orlando, Florida trip for the spring of 2009 for FHS music students as detailed.
5. I recommend acceptance of a check for $5,000.00 from the Keller PCC for field trips and In-house enrichment for Keller students.
6. I recommend approval of FHS Lacrosse trip to Guilford, CT on March 29-30, 2008 for Athletic Scrimmage/Jamboree.
7. I recommend approval of FHS Art trip to New York City on May 10, 2008 to the Museum of Modern Art.
8. I recommend acceptance of a check for $250.00 from the Norfolk DA’s office for the Graduation Safety Grant for the FHS.
9. I recommend acceptance of a check for $119.92 from Target for the Horace Mann Middle School.
10. I recommend acceptance of a check for $1500.00 from the Jefferson PCC for field trips for Jefferson Elementary School.
all the action items are contained in this segment (audio)
· School Committee Sub-Committee Reports
· School Committee Liaison Reports
The sub-committee and liaison reports are together in this segment (audio)
6. New Business:
· To discuss future business that may be brought before the School Committee. (audio)
7. Adjourn (audio)
Post a Comment