Very pleasant & cold. Loaded & carried 1200 lbs. hay to J. Morrell, & 1015 lbs. hay to M. M. Daniels, that he settled for. J.C. Hull out here to day. E. Simonds came to night, stops at G.W. Foster’s.
In the 1850s, on a busy working farm in the southern part of Franklin, a man named George Wadsworth started writing in a journal about everyday events. When he filled that journal, he bought another, and filled that up too. Two dozen journals, and 27 years later, he had written about almost everything that can happen in a small New England town. His words were lost to history until 1986, when town resident Gail Lembo came across some of the journals at a yard sale.
From the Franklin Historical Museum website