Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Guide to Child Support in the Commonwealth

The Mass.GOV blog has a new post on "The Guide to Child Support in the Commonwealth."
Divorce or legal separation can put both emotional and financial strain on a family. When the parents of a child no longer live together, child support must be paid by one of the parents to ensure a child’s financial needs are met to facilitate growth, security, and mental development. 
The parent with whom the child lives most of the time is called the custodial parent and the other parent is non-custodial. Often, it is the non-custodial parent who pays child support to the custodial parent. The process is straightforward whether you’re the parent who pays child support or the parent who receives child support.

screen shot of the Mass.Gov webpage
screen shot of the Mass.Gov webpage

Continue reading the "Guide to Child Support" here

No comments:

Post a Comment