St. Vincent de Paul Announces
Friends of the Poor Walk
Saturday Sept. 26, 2020
Each year, the St. Vincent de Paul Society of St. Mary’s Church walks to bring awareness to the Franklin Community of the struggles some residents experience that impact their life. For 30 years, we have been there to help people in need in Franklin. We work closely with many charitable and government organizations.
We are all volunteers and assist people in a number of ways to help them retain their dignity and return to become self-sustaining.
• Guide them to other resources, both state and charitable
• Provide clothing and furniture through our SVDP Thrift Stores
• Supply non-perishable food and paper products from our pantry to supplement other food resources
• Assist financially during an unexpected crisis helping pay rent, medical, car repairs etc.
Last year we helped Franklin Families 186 times for $65,000
This year due to COVID 19 we have had to change our format to operate a safe event. Only SVPD members and their families will be walking at assigned times at the Franklin Common on Saturday 9/26/20 from 9:00AM to 4:00PM. However, we are looking for community support.
If you would like to support our mission of helping residents of Franklin in need, you may make a financial donation in either of two ways.
1. Send a check to: SVDP 1 Church Square Franklin, MA 02038 Or
2. Online to the SVDP team at:
If you have any questions please call SVDP 508-918-2291. All donations stay in Franklin and all information is kept confidential.