Time: 9 minutes, 18 seconds
This was a relatively quiet week in Franklin. Many folks out of town enjoying summer vacation. No Town Council meeting. No School Committee meeting.
So what did happen this past week?
• King St/I495 construction announced
• Repairs on the library have started
What do we have coming up this week?
• Town Council meeting on Wednesday the 20th - Agenda posted.
I think the most interesting items on the agenda:
Zoning Bylaw Amendment 08-625: Chapter 185-5, Town Code: Zoning Map – Business to Commercial II – 7:10 PM - Knights of Columbus building and land
• Fuel Efficiency –Jeff Nutting, Town Administrator
• Disaster Mitigation Plan- Gary McCarraher
Legislation for action
- Resolution 08-53 – Order of Layout, Acceptance and Taking Newell Drive, Dover Circle, Cohasset Way, Sherborn Lane and Related Easements
- Resolution 08-54 – Order of Layout, Acceptance and Taking of Hancock Road, Winthrop Road, Corey Way and Lantern Road and Related Easements
- Resolution 05-55 – Transfer of Care, Custody, Management and Control of Red Brick School From Franklin School Committee to Franklin Town Council
- Bylaw Amendment 08-627: Chapter 4, Public Notice and Advertising of Public Hearings – 2nd Reading
Financial Planning Committee is scheduled to meet on 8/21/08
This committee has their meeting schedule available on the new town web site but I don’t find anything else for them, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, etc.
Community section takes you off the new virtual Town Hall pages to a new portal provided by American Towns. Nice layout, seems to have all the prior community links moved over. In a future podcast, I’ll spend some time looking through those pages. In the meantime, go exploring. If you find something there of interest, let me know. If you find something missing, that should be there, let me know
Ben Franklin would say: "Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today."-----------
This podcast has been a public service provided to my fellow Franklin citizens and voters by Steve Sherlock
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.blogspot.com/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The musical intro and closing is from the Podsafe Music Network
Jon Schmidt - Powerful Exhilarating Piano Music