Hello to all of our Community Garden Supporters!
We been busy getting the garden ready, and not so busy writing to you all.
Here's what's been going on: www.franklincommunitygardens.org
(you can subscribe to this and as it is updated you will get an email link right away)
There is still time to sign up for the lottery, links available on the website!
- We need some help fixing/building/re-building/remediating/relocating some of the raised beds-on-legs gardens from last year. The snow got 'em bad. We need to make them safe.
- Heavy work, but quick. Will be some lifting, sawing, drilling, shoveling. Dirt moving. Lumber getting. Rough and tough stuff. You on? contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Still trying to coordinate when and how, will depend on your availability. Locations: Senior Ctr, Food Pantry, Eaton Place.
- We are also looking to form a dedicated group of volunteers for this season for the Franklin Food Pantry's 4 garden beds, which we are calling the "Giving Garden"
- Duties----planning, planting, watering and harvesting, delivering produce to the pantry.
- Would like enough folks so that each person has a 1-2 hrs a week, tops, so about 10 people would do it, 15 would make it cruise
- please email Amy Acevedo directly at email@example.com and we will get it together and roll it out!
May Showers bring June Flowers, Right?
New England version, anyway.
The Friends of Franklin Community Gardens, Inc.
The Franklin Community Garden Committee
Subscribe to the blog!
Yes, we are on Facebook.