This is part 4 of 8 from the School Building Committee Information Forum on the new high school project held Nov 17,2011
Time: 16 minutes, 16 seconds
This internet radio show or podcast is number 96 in the series for Franklin Matters.
This is the fourth of a series of 8 audio segments recorded during the informational session on the new high school. The forum was conducted by the School Building Committee and held at the Horace Mann Auditorium on Thursday, Nov 17, 2011.
This fourth segment continues the Question and Answer period with Tom Mercer (School Building Committee Chair), Jim Jordan (partner and owner of Ai3 Architects) and Sean Fennell (Project Manager) providing answers.
The questions covered during this segment
- Once the drawing is done there will be a bid process?
- What is the purpose of the courtyard in the center?
- How do you compare in dollars per square foot?
- What would be the project cost for Franklin?
- What number will be presented when the voters get to the polls?
- How are the utilities involved at this point?
- Has the Franklin Facilities Dept been involved?
- At what point is the commissioning agent brought into the project and how is it done?
Without further ado, here is the recording from Thursday evening Nov 17th
Be sure to listen to the other parts of the series:
Part 1 – introduction and evolution of model school invitation
Part 2 - Jim Jordan, partner and owner of Ai3 Architects provides an overview of the building
Part 3 – Q and A – first set of questions
Part 5 - Q and A
Part 6 - Q and A
Part 7 - Q and A
Part 8 – Q and A and closing
---- ---- ----
While this podcast is my public service effort for Franklin. I can use your help. How can you help, you ask?
If you like this, please tell your friends and neighbors
If you don't like this, please let me know.
This feedback loop is important. Thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark &Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission
I hope you enjoy!