The Franklin Public Schools will foster within its students the knowledge and skills to find and achieve satisfaction in life as productive global citizens.
"The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law."
|Franklin Public Schools - "the key to learning"|
1. Routine BusinessCitizen’s Comments
Review of Agenda
Minutes: I recommend approval of the minutes from the February 10, 2015 School Committee Meeting.
Payment of Bills Mr. Clement
Payroll Mrs. Douglas
FHS Student Representatives
Correspondence: Budget to Actual – Miriam Goodman
a. PARCC Update – Joyce Edwardshttp://www.franklinmatters.org/2015/02/parcc-update-to-school-committee-feb-24.html
b. District Improvement Plan (DIP)/Goal Update – Joyce Edwardshttp://www.franklinmatters.org/2015/02/fps-district-improvement-plan-midyear.html
3. Discussion Only Items
- Professional Development Revolving Account
- Snowday Make Up
- Policy – Second Readings
o KCDA – Memorial Commemorations
o KCD-E1 – Non-Budgeted Funds Donation Form
o KCD-E2 – Guidelines for Donations of Gifts/Memorials Non-Budgeted Funds to the Franklin Public Schools
4. Action Itemsa. I recommend approval for the creation of a Professional Development Revolving Account as discussed.
b. I recommend approval of the budget transfers as detailed.
c. I recommend approval of the request of Frank Fitzgerald to take RMS students to the Rock Spot Climbing Gym in Lincoln, RI on March 5, 2015 as detailed. This is a recurring trip.
d. I recommend adoption of the 2015-16 School Calendar as detailed.
e. I recommend adoption of the following Policies as discussed:
1. KCDA – Memorial Commemorationsf. I recommend acceptance of two checks totaling $3,300.00 for in house enrichment at FHS.
2. KCD-E1 – Non-Budgeted Funds Donation Form
3. KCD-E2 – Guidelines for Donations of Gifts/Memorials Non-Budgeted Funds to the Franklin Public Schools
1. Vicario Studios $3,200.00
2. Christopher Blassick 100.00
5. Information MattersSuperintendent’s Report
School Committee Sub-Committee Reports
School Committee Liaison Reports