- North Attleboro, 1 @ Franklin, 4 – Final
– Franklin senior Jake Downie scored a pair of goals in the first period while Joey Blaise added another in the first and Adam Assad scored once in the third period. Zach McGowan scored North Attleboro’s lone goal and freshman goalie Ryan Warren had 37 saves.
- Franklin, 4 vs. Medway/Ashland, 2 – Final
– Cassi Ronan scored a pair of unassisted goals to break a 2-2 tie for the Panthers. Elizabeth Quinn (assisted by Maddie Hinckley) and Jackie Connelly (from Marlee Paterson) had the other Franklin goals.
- Franklin, 21 @ North Attleboro, 42 – Final
– North jumped out to a 30-0 lead. Nick Gould (145), Jordan Tillinghast (160), Jack Donohue (170), and Nick Morrison (182) each had pins for the Rocketeers. Evan Herandez (195) and Jordan Carlucci (106) had pins for Franklin, which cut the lead to 36-18 with three matches left. Devin Spratt (120) clinched the win for North and Anthony Biaungo (132) finished the match for the hosts with an overtime win. North clinches a share of the league title.
For other results from Wednesday around the Hockomock League
Full write up of the wrestling match by Josh Perry, Managing Editor
It seems that every season when North Attleboro and Franklin meet on the mats that a league title is on the line. This year’s meeting took on added significance because this will be the last time (at least until divisional breakdowns are reassessed) that the two programs will be fighting for the league championship.
With North switching to the Davenport next year, the matchup will still pit two of the Hockomock’s top programs but there will not be a trophy on the line.
North Attleboro took the bragging rights and clinched at least a share of the Kelley-Rex title on Wednesday night in the Kenneth Pickering Gym. The Rocketeers got off to a fast start, leading at one point 30-0, and closed out a 42-21 win over the Panthers.Continue reading the article online
Photos from the match
|Franklin senior Jake Downie scored a pair of goals, including the game winner in the first period. (Ryan Lanigan/HockomockSports.com)|
Full write up on the boys hockey game Ryan Lanigan, Editor-in-Chief
Franklin scored three goals in the final five minutes of the first period and iced the game with a fourth goal in the first five minutes of the third period to pick up a big 4-1 win over North Attleboro in battle of two of the top teams in the Kelley-Rex division.
Coming off a 1-1 tie against King Philip – a game in which they felt they had let too many scoring opportunities slip away – the Panthers were able to find the back of the net three times in the opening period.
It didn’t come right away despite a great chance less than four minutes in. A mistake from North Attleboro left the puck all alone in front of goal and Franklin senior Alex Bissanti pounced and tried to go backhand but Rocketeer freshman goalie Ryan Warren made the glove save while falling.Continue reading the article online