I missed having this meeting on the Franklin Matters calendar (and it wasn't on the official Town calendar, oops...)
1. Routine Business
Review of Agenda
Minutes: I recommend approval of the minutes from the June 27, 2017 School Committee Meeting.
Payment of Bills Dr. O’Malley
Payroll Mrs. Douglas
Correspondence: Budget to Actual – Miriam Goodman
a. 2016-17 District Improvement Plan Update
3. Discussion Only Items
Policy – Second Reading
o IKB – Homework Policy
o JICH – Substance Abuse Policy
4. Action Items
a. I recommend adoption of the following Policies as discussed:
1. IKB – Homework Policy
2. JICH – Substance Abuse Policy
b. I recommend acceptance of the following donations for FHS totaling $2,200.00:
1. $275.00 from various donors for the Paul Castelline Scholarship.
2. $150.00 from Mariko Tamate for the K. Kitanosono Scholarship.
3. $1,150.00 from Rebeca Shrager Memorial Fund – Temple Beth Am for inhouse enrichment at FHS.
4. $625.00 from various donors for the Maureen Sabolinski Scholarship.
c. I recommend acceptance of the following donations for Davis Thayer totaling: $3,135.16:
1. $2,897.64 from the DT PCC for Supplemental supplies.
2. $237.52 from O’Connor Portraiture for supplemental supplies.
5. Information Matters
School Committee Sub-Committee Reports
a. Policy Sub Committee – Ms. Scofield
School Committee Liaison Reports
6. New Business
To discuss future business that may be brought before the School Committee.
7. Motion to Adjourn
– Dr. O’Malley