FSPA Summer Theater provides the opportunity for hands-on immersion in a Broadway Boot Camp, cabaret show, play or musical theater production, with enrollment for one to five weeks. The Cabaret week (July 23-27) focuses on repertoire choices, song interpretation and presentation, and concludes with a cabaret style revue at THE BLACK BOX theater in downtown Franklin.
The three-day Broadway Boot Camp (July 30-August 1) brings Broadway headliners to FSPA for song and dance master classes and coaching on individual performance skills. A weeklong drama program (August 20-24) presents a straight play, while a two-week musical theater program (August 6-17) stages a major book musical at THE BLACK BOX.
| Summer Programs For |
Children And Teens
Among FSPA weeklong performing arts camps:
- Broadway Camp (grades K-5, July 23-27 or August 20-24) teaches vocals, choreography and scene work, with a chance to showcase skills in a final ensemble performance.
- Acting Camp (grades K-4, July 9-13 and grades 5-7, July 30-August 3) explores character development and improvisation.
- Camp ProVoice (ages 7-9 and 10-13, July 9-13) focuses on individual performance skills with music from Broadway, movies and TV musicals, as well as pop and rock hits, culminating in a performance of solos, duets and small ensembles.
- Jazz and Tap Camp (grades 4-7, August 20-24) combines age- and level-appropriate dance with a creative summer experience.
- For young beginner dancers, Dance Discovery (ages 5-9, July 9-13) teaches basic dance vocabulary and positions, floor exercises and simple steps, with a focus on musicality and rhythm.
- Creative Kids Camp (ages 5-8, July 23-27 or August 20-24) engages campers with drama games, theater activities, singing, dancing and crafts.
- The youngest campers, ages 3-5, are invited to the summer Little Music School Experience (July 23-27) with FSPA’s Little Music School Director, Kim Rezendes.
For summer registration, call FSPA at (508) 528-8668. For further information, including a summer session brochure with full program descriptions, dates, faculty, and tuition, call or visit www.FSPAonline.com.