The Franklin Public Schools will foster within its students the knowledge and skills to find and achieve satisfaction in life as productive global citizens.
"The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which
may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed
and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent
permitted by law."
Organizational Meeting1. Nominations / Vote for Chair
2. Nominations / Vote for Vice Chair
1. Routine Business
Review of Agenda
Minutes: I recommend approval of the minutes from the October 25, 2016 School Committee Meeting.
Payment of Bills Dr. O’Malley
Payroll Mrs. Douglas
FHS Student Representatives
- Nicolas Gnaman
- Alexander Chitarra
- a. Best Buddies – Sue Streeter
- b. PARCC / MCAS – Joyce Edwards
- c. DCAP / BCAP – Joyce Edwards
3. Discussion Only Items
Policy – First Reading (New)
- JICA – School Dress Code Policy
Policy – Second Reading
- JKAA – Physical Restraint of Students
4. Action Items
a. I recommend approval of the Budget Transfers as detailed.
b. I recommend moving Policy JICA – School Dress Code Policy to a second reading.
c. I recommend adoption of Policy JKAA – Physical Restraint of Students as discussed.
d. I recommend acceptance of two checks totaling $9,104.61 for Davis Thayer as follows:
1. $8,100.00 from PCC for field trips.2. $1,004.61 from O’Connor Portraiture for supplemental suppliese. I recommend acceptance of a check for $800.00 from the Parmenter PCC for field trips.
f. I recommend acceptance of two checks totaling $2,213.00 from the Oak Street PCC as follows:
1. $1,288.00 for in-house enrichment2. $925.00 for field tripsg. I recommend acceptance of a check for $725.00 from the JF Kennedy PCC for field trips.
h. I recommend acceptance of two checks totaling $3855.28 for Keller as follows:
1. $2,000.00 – IBM for supplemental supplies2. 1855.28 – Keller PCC for field tripsi. I recommend acceptance of the grant - donation of 15 Ableton Push music devices, valued at $14,969.85 for FHS Sound Recording Teacher
Drew O’Connors’ class.
j. I recommend acceptance of a check for $440.00 from BJ’s Wholesale Club for the Central Office gift account.
k. I recommend acceptance of a check for $150.00 from the Jefferson PCC for in-house enrichment.
5. Information Matters
School Committee Sub-Committee Reports
- Policy Sub Committee – MaryJane Scofield
School Committee Liaison Reports
6. New Business
To discuss future business that may be brought before the School Committee.
7. Motion to Adjourn
|recent autumn glory at the entrance to Franklin High School|