February 12, 2008
– Council Chambers Municipal Building
Call to order Mr. Roy
Pledge of Allegiance
Moment of Silence
1. Routine Business
· Citizen’s Comments
· Review of Agenda
I recommend approval of the minutes from the January 22, 2008 School Committee Meeting.
· Payment of Bills Mr. Kelly
· Payroll Ms. Armenio
· FHS Student Representatives
1. Letter from Rose Solbo
2. Letter from NEASC regarding FHS Acceditation
3. Budget to Actual
a. Strategic Planning – Dr. George Ladd
b. Lockdown Drills – Franklin Police
3. Discussion Only Items
· Superintendent’s Goals – Draft
· Consolidation of Facilities Department with the Town
4. Action Items:
1. I recommend acceptance of the donation of $50.00 from Ms. Terry Stone for the
2. I recommend acceptance of the annual donation of $50.00 from Lueder’s Environmental Inc. for the
3. I recommend acceptance of the donation of $4,570.00 from the Davis Thayer PCC for upcoming events at Davis Thayer as detailed.
4. I recommend acceptance of the donation of $200.00 from the Wachovia Foundation Matching Gifts Program for the
5. I recommend acceptance of the donation of $525.48 from various donors as detailed for the
6. I recommend acceptance of the donation of $325.00 from ARTBEAT The Creativity Store for the
7. I recommend approval of the request for an out of state field trip to the Metropolitan Opera in NY City for FHS students as detailed on April 5, 2008.
8. I recommend acceptance of the check for $465.72 from Follett Educational Services for the Parmenter gift account from surplus books.
5. Information Matters:
· Superintendent’s Report
a. Consolidation of Facilities
b. Superintendent’s Goals – Draft
c. Strategic Plan
d. Lockdown Drills
e. FY 09 Budget
· School Committee Sub-Committee Reports
· School Committee Liaison Reports
6. New Business:
· To discuss future business that may be brought before the School Committee.
Post a Comment