- There will be email subscription pages for Town Council agendas and roll calls, all legal notices and public hearings, and job postings. Anyone can subscribe to email lists to get notices on those topics and more
- A new GIS and Maps page focusing on the wealth of GIS services the town has, and some fun maps to browse
- A new Franklin Development site filled with information and available sites for commercial development, as well as a wealth of town demographic information
- A new 'one stop shop' for all social media accounts for the town and school departments and organizations
- Revamped calendar with auto downloads to smartphone calendars and RSS feeds
- A new Town Council page, with member profiles and subcommittee information
- A "Meet Me in Franklin" page that highlights some of the unique places of interest for residents and visitors of Franklin
- Town Blog for the most up to date news
- An ever changing rotation of pictures of Franklin throughout the site
- Enhanced search capabilities
- Customer service request forms
- And much more ...
Instead of using Franklin.MA.US you can now go to FranklinMA.GOV
|new Town of Franklin home page|
|new Town of Franklin - Town Administrator page|
|new Town of Franklin - calendar page|
|new Town of Franklin - Town Clerk page|
|new Town of Franklin - online payments page|
|new Town of Franklin - social media accounts page. Want to follow the Twitter account or Facebook page?|
One of the drawbacks of the new site will be the links from here to the Franklin website will break. There is supposed to be a landing page for those who find a broken link with advice for what to do next. As most of the content did get copied over to the new site, a search of the new site should find it.
If what you look for you find here and don't successfully link to there, let me know. There are thousands of possible links to fix and I will do them upon request.
I had a habit of making my own copy of most documents to always provide a good link for readers. This was especially the case for something posted to the 'Franklin News" page which was cleaned out periodically (and broke all the links as soon as the cleaning took place).
While there are thousands of links that could break, I hope that you won't find too many. If you do, please comment on that posting or send me an email (shersteve @ gmail. dot com), and I'll find the doc and fix the link.