POSITION: DISPATCHER - Full Time
PAY RANGE: $1425.94 to $1903.82 Bi-Weekly (thru 7/8/17)
$1454.46 to $1941.89 Bi-Weekly (eff 7/8/17)
POSTED: Until Filled
Notice is hereby given that there is a full time position vacant in the Police Department, Dispatch Division. The Dispatcher is a Grade D with a forty (40) hour workweek.
A complete job description including duties, responsibilities, and requirements is attached.
Qualified employees interested in this position should apply in writing to the Human Resources Office, Municipal Building, or may email to email@example.com.
Town of Franklin
Under supervision of the Police Lieutenant - Administration, receives incoming telephone calls, evaluates level of services required and directs the information to the proper respondent.
- Receives Business and Emergency 911 incoming calls from the public courteously obtaining all relevant information efficiently.
- Evaluates and determines the type and level of service required quickly and directs this information to the appropriate respondent.
- Greets public coming into the Police station and assists them with Police business matters.
- Receives information requests from Police officers and provides assistance in a timely manner.
- Compiles statistical reports and provides clerical support as required or requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Mechanical repairs to communications equipment; lifting and carrying heavy equipment, materials and supplies without assistance.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the operation of radio receiving and transmitting equipment.
- Knowledge of the geographic boundaries of the Town, including location of streets, important buildings and sub-divisions.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to be courteous, but firm with the public.
- Ability to read and understand laws, departmental policies, rules and instructions.
- Working knowledge of computers in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly under emergency conditions.
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to learn quickly departmental functions, practices, rules and regulations pertaining to Public Safety.
- Ability to speak clearly in a well-modulated voice and to use good diction.
- Ability to maintain records and files.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by the work.
- Ability to successfully complete specialized classes including but not limited to enhanced 911
- Skill in the operation of communications equipment.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT OPERATION
Operates dispatch equipment, telephone, computer, typewriter, copier and other standard office equipment.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT
Sitting at a dispatcher station and working over extended periods of time; walking throughout the building; lifting and carrying heavy materials and equipment.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum)
Graduation from high school and specialized training plus six to nine months of dispatching experience involving the operation of a two-way radio, meeting and dealing with a variety of people under varying conditions.
All new hires must be cleared by State, FBI and Departmental background investigations.