Pedestrian safety is a key issue in our community, and the Franklin Police Department is committed to upholding pedestrian safety laws to protect our citizens.
The Franklin Police Department strongly encourages members of the community to follow basic safe practices:
|Traffic safety is everyone's |
- Drivers should be on the lookout for and stop for pedestrians.
- Drivers should stop for pedestrians in a crosswalk and stay stopped until the pedestrian is two traffic lanes away or has reached the sidewalk.
- Pedestrians should use a crosswalk when crossing the street and obey pedestrian signals.
- Pedestrians should look both ways for traffic before crossing and ensure cars are yielding before crossing. Remember that having the right-of-way does not prevent you from being seriously injured by a driver who is not paying attention. Traffic safety is everyone's personal responsibility.
- Pedestrians should wear bright colored, reflective clothing and use a flashlight when walking during hours of darkness. Be visible!
We are committed to doing our part to keep the community safe. We urge every member of the community to help by keeping themselves safe and following basic rules of the road.
This was shared from the Town of Franklin page
The PDF of the media release can be found here