Field Hockey = Franklin, 7 @ Mansfield, 2 – Final
– Junior Cassi Ronan registered four points to help the Panthers roll to a big win on the road. Ronan scored a pair of goals and set up two more in a win that qualified Franklin for the state tournament. Freshman Victoria Quinn netted a pair of goals while sophomores Erin Walsh and Olivia Mazukina and freshman Amanda Lewandowski each scored once.
Franklin, 18 @ Attleboro, 37 – Final
- 1st Quarter: (F) Jake Noviello 4-yard pass to Ryan Driscoll, XP blocked.
- 2nd Quarter: (A) Cam Furtado 11-yard pass to Justin Cote, C. Furtado 2pt rush.
- 3rd Quarter: (A) J. Cote 7-yard rush, C. Furtado 2pt rush; (A) C. Furtado 73-yard rush, Tyler Evans XP good; (A) Joseph Llanos 3-yard rush, T. Evans XP good.
- 4th Quarter: (F) J. Noviello 1-yard sneak, 2pt failed; (F) J. Noviello 22-yard pass to Evan Wendell, XP blocked; (A) J. Cote 30-yard rush, T. Evans XP good.
Ryan Lanigan, Editor in Chief of HockomockSports provides the football "game of the week" recap
"Not every game can be summed up by just one quarter, but the third quarter of Friday’s contest between Attleboro and Franklin essentially told the story.
The Bombardiers ran twice as many plays as the visiting Panthers over the first 10 minutes of the frame, and found the end zone three times, turning a close game into a 37-18 runaway win and securing Big Blue a playoff berth.
“We made the plays,” said Attleboro head coach Mike Strachan. “We made some adjustments at halftime that worked for us. And just overall I thought we played physical. I think that wore them down a little bit by the end.
Continue reading the article online
“We came to win. We had a good week of practice and now we have to build off that. I’m proud of our team – I’m proud of the special team, proud of the offense, proud of our defense. We just have to build off of it and see where the chips fall now.”
The photo gallery from the game
For all the results around the Hockomock League on Friday
|Attleboro’s Justin Cote gets around a Franklin defender in |
the second half. (Ryan Lanigan/HockomockSports.com)