Please join us to discuss teen sexting- the harm, the recovery, and changing the law.
Our event will include a panel with
- Representative Jeffrey Roy from Franklin
- Franklin Police Officer Jason Reilly
- Dr. Elizabeth Englender, Director of the Massachusetts Aggression Reduction Center at Bridgewater State University
- Kristin Letendre, Director of Health and Physical Education at Franklin Public Schools
- Christopher Spillane, Franklin Police Department School Safety Officer
Representative Roy recently introduced Bill H.948 that would change the criminal process of charging teens as felony sex offenders. Instead, teens would undergo an educational diversion program. When prosecution is considered necessary, the offense will be considered a misdemeanor instead of a felony.
We will discuss the current situation in Franklin and other MetroWest towns, how parents can help their children, and the legal implications if a child is sexting.
We hope you can join us.
Monday, October 16 at 7 PM - 8:30 PM
Franklin High School
Tickets are free via Eventbrite
|SEXT ED: A forum on teen sexting and changing the law - Oct 16|