From the Milford Daily News, articles of interest for Franklin:
"State Department of Transportation officials have laid out the three-stage process it will likely take to start replacing the Bourne and Sagamore bridges, with the goal of starting construction on the same timeline as laid out by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
The multiyear process will include preliminary design, a 25% design and then handing it over to a design and building firm for the construction phase, department officials said in an interview with the Times on Tuesday.
The department took the lead on replacing the two 85-year-old bridges last week after signing an agreement with the Corps, the owner of the existing bridges, that would hand over ownership of the newly constructed bridges to the state.
The project was originally going to be done by the Corps, but the state is taking over because Massachusetts transportation officials said it was better suited to build two highway bridges. Replacing the bridges will be the largest construction project on Cape Cod in recent memory, and the state is currently embarking on the preliminary design phase."Continue reading the article online (subscription may be required)
The press release announcing the transfer of ownership from the Army Corp of Engineers to Mass DOT https://www.mass.gov/news/memorandum-of-understanding-reached-between-massdot-and-the-us-army-corps-of-engineers
Further updates can be found on the Mass DOT page
|Further updates can be found on the Mass DOT page|