The Franklin Public Schools will foster within its students the knowledge and skills to find and achieve satisfaction in life as productive global citizens.
"The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law."
|Franklin Public Schools: the key to learning|
1. Routine BusinessCitizen’s Comments
Review of Agenda
Minutes: I recommend approval of the minutes from the March 24, 2015 School Committee Meeting.
Payment of Bills Mr. Clement
Payroll Mrs. Douglas
FHS Student Representatives
Correspondence: Budget to Actual – Miriam Goodman
2. Guests/Presentationsa. ASMS Update – Beth Wittcoff, Rebecca Motte
Note: The documents for the ASMS update and the BICO report can be found here
3. Discussion Only ItemBiCounty Collaborative Quarterly Report
Twitter / FPS News
4. Action Itemsa. I recommend approval of the request of Mr. Fortin for HMMS students to travel to Providence, RI for Save the Bay Programs as detailed on May 26, 27 & 28, 2015.
b. I recommend acceptance of a check for $6.86 from Schoola for in-house enrichment at JF Kennedy Elementary School.
c. I recommend acceptance of three checks totaling $4,115.00 from the Franklin Music Boosters for district wide in-house enrichment.
d. I recommend acceptance of two checks totaling $1,695.00 from the Parmenter PCC for Field trips and busing.
e. I recommend acceptance of a check for $50.00 from Steven Mollo for in-house enrichment at Remington Middle School.
f. I recommend acceptance of a check for $700.00 from Scholarship America for Supplemental Curriculum Materials at FHS.
g. I recommend acceptance of a check for $3,815.25 from the Jefferson PCC for field trips.
h. I recommend acceptance of the donation of 25 copies of the book “Finding the Worm” for 6th grade reading at Horace Mann Middle School.
5. Information MattersSuperintendent’s Report
School Committee Sub-Committee Reports
School Committee Liaison Reports
6. New BusinessTo discuss future business that may be brought before the School