Saturday, September 3, 2016

In the News: diabetes training at YMCA, FPAC auditions scheduled, Dean welcomes largest class

From the Milford Daily News, articles of interest for Franklin:

"Hockomock Area YMCA will hold a diabetes prevention class at 12:30 p.m. Mondays beginning Oct. 3, and 6 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Oct. 5 at Hockomock Area YMCA Bernon Family Branch, 45 Forge Hill Road, Franklin. 
With millions of Americans at risk for prediabetes and Type 2 diabetes, the Hockomock Area YMCA and Sturdy Memorial Hospital urge residents of their communities to learn their risk and take action to prevent the disease. Currently, diabetes affects nearly 29 million people; another 86 million Americans have prediabetes, yet only about 10 percent are aware of it. 
To learn more about the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program: 508-772-1310;

Continue reading the article online (subscription may be required)

"The Franklin Performing Arts Company will hold open auditions for several fall and holiday productions featured as part of the company’s 26th season. FPAC will present “Fiddler on the Roof,” Neil Simon’s “The Odd Couple,” Tchaikovsky’s ballet “The Nutcracker,” the musical “Humbug!” and an original American panto with a twist on a fairy tale classic."

Continue reading the article online (subscription may be required)

"Dean College will welcome in its largest enrollment in the past 25 years — and, possibly, its history — when it resumes classes Tuesday. 
The college will likely enroll 1,150 to 1,200 students in this, its 151st year.
College spokesman Gregg Chalk said the college is excited to see so many students, the bulk of whom will be moving in on Monday.
"We do have some students who arrived early, like our football and soccer teams and student government," he said. "Probably 30 percent of the students are on campus, with the remaining 70 percent moving in on Monday."

Continue reading the article online (subscription may be required)

The Dean 5K held earlier in 2016
The Dean 5K held earlier in 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment