The Franklin Public Schools will foster within its students the knowledge and skills to find and achieve satisfaction in life as productive global citizens.
"The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which
may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed
and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent
permitted by law."
Call to order Dr. O’Malley
Pledge of Allegiance
Moment of Silence
|the key to learning|
1. Routine Business
Review of Agenda
Minutes: I recommend approval of the minutes from the December 13, 2016 School Committee Meeting.
Payment of Bills Dr. O’Malley
Payroll Mrs. Douglas
FHS Student Representatives
- Nicolas Gnaman
- Alexander Chitarra
Correspondence: Budget to Actual – Miriam Goodman
a. Representative Jeffrey Roy
b. Foreign Language Overview – Laura Evans
c. DIP/SIP Program Reports – Joyce Edwards
3. Discussion Only Items
4. Action Items
a. I recommend acceptance of the ACCEPT Annual Report for 2015-16.
b. I recommend acceptance of the BICO Annual Report for 2015-16.
c. I recommend acceptance of a check for $5,100.00 from Franklin Music Parents for in-house enrichment for the district.
d. I recommend acceptance of the following checks totaling $8,470.90 for FHS as follows:
- $1,800.00 Music Boosters for in-house enrichment
- $789.90 All American Publishing for in-house enrichment
- $50.00 Jesse Southwick for Mr. Kitanosono scholarship
- $50.00 Lueders Environmental Inc. for Mr. Kitanosono scholarship
- $330.00 Franklin Music Parents for in-house enrichment
- $250.00 from various donors for the J Schaeffer Scholarship
- $1,500.00 from Walmart for in-house enrichment.
- $3,701.00 from Vicario Studios for in-house enrichment
5. Information Matters
School Committee Sub-Committee Reports
- Budget Sub Committee – Dr. O’Malley
School Committee Liaison Reports
6. New Business
To discuss future business that may be brought before the School Committee.
7. Motion to Adjourn
– Dr. O’Malley