From Hockomock Sports, we share the results of the FHS spring sports action on Wednesday, May 10.
Baseball = Taunton, 1 @ Franklin, 2 – Final
– Franklin emerged from another pitcher’s duel with a close 2-1 win over visiting Taunton. FHS junior Jason Ulrickson tossed a complete game, scattering five hits, issuing one walk and striking out five to earn the win. Taunton’s Tyler Medeiros also allowed five hits with just one talk, striking out seven in six innings of work. Tyler Gomes had a double and a run scored for the Panthers while Ulrickson accounted for the other run. Sophomore Alex Haba was 2-for-2 with an RBI and Cam Lupien brought the Panthers’ other run home with a sacrifice fly. Taunton’s Christian Simoes was 2-for-3 and scored on an RBI double from Joe Manchester.
Softball = Franklin, 0 @ Taunton, 12 – Final (5 inn.)
– Taunton’s offense got off to a strong start, plating a pair of runs in the first inning then blowing the game open with six runs in the second. Jaime Brown went 4-for-4 and scored four whiles while Kya Enos (two hits) knocked in four runs. MacKenzie Handrahan knocked in three runs on a pair of hits, McKenzie McAloon added two hits and eighth grader Hannah Aldrich hit her first career home run for the Tigers. Courtney Fisher struck out four without issuing a walk, allowing just one hit (fifth inning) and two total base runners.
Boys Lacrosse = Canton, 1 @ Franklin, 7 – Final
– Franklin built a 5-1 lead by halftime and shut Canton out in the second half in a low scoring frame. Franklin sophomore Jacob Alexander won all 12 face offs that he took in the game while classmate Nitin Chaudhury notched a hat trick to pace the Panthers’ offense. Eric Civetti scored twice, Chase Tanner and Jack Platner each found the back of the net once and Sam Arsenault recorded two assists. Packie Watson, Kyle McEniry and Pat Morrison each had one assist and Connor O’Rourke made six saves in net.
Girls Lacrosse = Franklin, 15 @ Canton, 3 – Final
– Caroline Lounsbury paced Franklin’s offense with four goals while Lauren Bissanti notched a pair of goals for the Panthers. Mairead Goguen notched a goal and an assist and Annie Walsh (two goals, assists) had seven draw controls.
Boys Tennis = Franklin, 5 @ Taunton, 0 – Final
– Franklin won all five matches in straight sets, with its second doubles pairing registering a win without losing a game. Rahul Herur won 6-1, 6-2 at first singles, Eli Brooks took second singles 6-2, 6-0 and Rohan Herur won 6-1, 6-0 at third singles. The team of James Johnson and Derek Wu notched a 6-1, 6-1 win at first doubles and Tyler DiPalma and Rahul Hosdurg walked away with a 6-0, 6-0 sweep at second doubles.
Girls Tennis = Taunton, 4 @ Franklin, 1 – Final
– Taunton won four matches in straight sets, taking two wins at singles and two in doubles play. Jordan Pagliuca won 6-2, 6-0 at second singles and Jillian Pagliuca prevailed with a 6-2, 7-5 victory at third singles. The team of Ashleigh Eason and Emily Moor didn’t lose a game at first doubles and Jordan Martin and Caroline Hebert notched a 6-0, 6-2 win at second doubles.
For the other results around the Hockomock League