The Franklin Public Schools will foster within its students the knowledge and skills to find and achieve satisfaction in life as productive global citizens.
A G E N D A
“The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.”
1. Routine Business
a. Review of Agenda
b. Citizen’s Comments
i. In the spirit of open communication, “the School Committee will hear public comment not related to an agenda item at the beginning of each regular School Committee Meeting. The Committee will listen to, but not respond to any comment made. A Committee member may add an agenda item to a future meeting as a result of a citizen comment” – from Policy BEDHc. FHS Student Representative Comments
d. Superintendent’s Report
2. Guests / Presentations
b. Community Group Updates
- SEPAC – Jennifer Hiscoe, Sara Mulcahey
- FEF – Kit and Lisa Brady
c. Athletics Recap – Tom Angelo, FHS Athletic Director
3. Discussion / Action Items
a. Collaborative Board Appointments
- ACCEPT Collaborative - I recommend the appointment of Dr. Sara Ahern to the ACCEPT Collaborative Board for the 2018-19 school year.
- BICO Collaborative - I recommend the appointment of Dr. Sara Ahern to the BICO Board for the 2018-19 school year.
b. Appoint of Assistant Superintendent of Schools
I recommend Dr. Ahern’s selected candidate to be appointed as Assistant Superintend
c. Attendance Area – The Westerly
I recommend that students residing at Woodview Way, at the Westerly Apartments be assigned to the Jefferson/Remington district within Franklin starting in 2018-2019.
d. Policy – First Readings
I recommend moving the following policies to a second reading as discussed:
- JQA – Financial Assistance Policy
- JQA-R – Financial Assistance Application & Procedures
- EFD – Meal Charge Policy
- EFD-R – Meal Charge Policy & Procedures
- JFAA-R – School Admission/Residency
e. MASC Summer Institute
I recommend the approval of Denise Schultz’s attendance at the MASC Summer Institute in July, 2018.
f. Travel Expense Approval
I recommend that the Committee approve my acceptance of paid travel expenses for the purpose of attending the Study Tour and Educational Leadership Symposium in Helsinki, Finland and Berlin, Germany July 8 to July 16, 2018.
4. Discussion Only Items
a. SWAC (School Wellness Advisory Committee)
5. Information Matters
a. School Committee Sub-Committee Reports (e.g. Budget; Community Relations;
Policy; Transportation; Public Schools Advocacy; Ad Hoc Superintendent’s Evaluation)
b. School Committee Liaison Reports (e.g. Joint PCC; Substance Abuse Task Force; School Wellness Advisory Council [SWAC]; MASC)
6. New Business
a. To discuss any future agenda items
7. Consent Agenda
I recommend approval of the minutes from your May 22, 2018 School Committee meeting.
b. FHS Scholarships
I recommend acceptance of 6 checks totaling $2,715.00 for FHS Scholarships as follows:
- ASMS PCC $500.00 ASMS Alumni Scholarship
- Carol Merchant $115.00 Circle of Friends/Best Buddies Scholarship
- Attleboro Arts Museum $100.00 Sponsor Title Award/Scholarship
- Franklin Food Pantry $500.00 Empty Bowls Club (2 - $250.00 Scholarships)
- Friends of the Franklin Library $1,000.00 FHS Scholarship
- John and Elizabeth Ombelets $500.00 Mock Trial Scholarship
c. Davis Thayer Gift
I recommend acceptance of a check for $744.18 from the DT PCC for Supplemental Supplies as detailed.
d. FHS Gifts
I recommend acceptance of two checks totaling $2,406.33 at FHS as detailed:
- Ahold $ 413.33 for supplemental supplies
- Class of 1968 $1,993.00 for in-house enrichment
e. Parmenter Gift
I recommend acceptance of a check for $50.00 from a Parmenter parent for supplemental supplies at Parmenter as detailed.
f. Keller Gifts
I recommend acceptance of two checks totaling $520.04 for Keller Elementary School as detailed:
- Keller PCC $250.00 Field trips
- O’Connor Portrature $270.04 In-house enrichment
g. J.F. Kennedy Gifts
I recommend acceptance of two checks totaling $2,293.64 for JF Kennedy Elementary School as detailed:
- JFK PCC $ 262.50 Field trips
- JFK PCC $2,031.14 Supplies
8. Payment of Bills Dr. Bergen
9. Payroll Mrs. Douglas
10. Correspondence – Budget to Actual, Miriam Goodman, School Business Administrator
11. Executive Session
a. Negotiations with Non-Union Personnel
The documents for this agenda as released in advance of the meeting can be found
|Franklin Education Foundation|
|Special Education Parents Advisory Council|