- Franklin Police Department had two new hires sworn in: John Godino and David Ricci. Nick Palmieri was recognized with a promotion to Detective. Daniel McGlynn was recognized for his 27 years of service on the force.
- Franklin Fire Department EMS Lieutenant William Blanchard was sworn in.
|John Godino and David Ricci being sworn in|
|Nick Palmieri congratulated by Capt Lynch on promotion|
|Daniel McGlynn presented with a plaque in recognition of his 27 years of service|
|William Blanchard being sworn in as a new Lieutenant|
The often rescheduled public hearing for the Zoning Bylaw Amendment 19-837: Zoning Map Changes From General Residential V to Single Family Residential IV an Area on or Near West Central Street was closed at this meeting.It appeared that the Council simply wanted to close the public hearing without doing anything. A couple of people did speak on the record. Including the individual with the proposal currently involved in a law suit over his proposal for this location with the Planning Board.
One of the draw backs of being remote for the meeting was that I could not talk with anyone to really find out what was going on. So there will likely be more to come on this item.
A set of presentations on the Historical Museum (document shared) and on the DPW 'tree warden' as well as the new textile recycling program beginning in November were shared. The presentation documents are included in the links below.
I'll create an audio file of the tree warden presentation to share soon. In the meantime, the Franklin TV recording is available for replay.
The Town of Franklin "Actions Taken" document
Additional details can be found in my notes captured during the 'real time reporting' session for this meeting
- Real-time Reporting: Legislation for action through Closing
- Real-time Reporting: DPW Presentation
- Real-time reporting: Historical Museum presentation .
- Real-time Reporting: Public Hearing - Zoning Bylaw...
- Real-time Reporting: Town Council - Sep 18, 2019