The Board of Health met on Wednesday to review and revise the penalty order they had approved at their Sep 2 meeting. Feedback from Town Attorney Mark Cerel led to the revision. The revision was approved by a 3-0. As soon as the order is available, the link will be shared.
As with most meetings in this pandemic period, I took my notes via Twitter during the meeting reporting in real-time via the virtual session.
The Twitter hashtag can be found online #boh0916
- Real time reporting underway for Board of Health meeting #BoH0916
- Education is the primary tool, not wanting to use penalties - only as a last resort. They have been getting multiple requests from same place. #BoH0916 motion to withdraw motion on 9/02/20 on penalty provisions; passed 3-0 via roll call
- Motion for revision proposed for fine where social distance is not possible, second, passed 3-0 via roll call. Motion amended to be effective Thursday 9/17/20 end of day. Passed 3-0 via roll call. #BoH0916
- First cluster found in a business in Franklin. Regroup of the Board to review/revise penalty process as devised in prior meeting. #BoH0916 should it be considered to include parties for residential areas as well as business entities. Limit to face coverings as those as frequent
- Discussion on keeping meeting virtual as long as possible, many have high risk family members. Want to avoid unnecessary contact. #BoH0916 meetings are still functioning well in the remote mode. Meeting adjourned with roll call vote
Sep 2, 2020 - recap = https://www.franklinmatters.org/2020/09/board-of-health-recap-sep-2-2020.html
|Board of Health Meeting Recap - Sep 16, 2020|