- The Community Preservation Committee listened to the overview of the right of first refusal presentation previously provided to the Town Council and Finance Committee.
- Clarification on the CPA funds of conservatively $1.3M per year expected of which about $200k/year would be used for this purchase. This still leaves about $1.1M for other uses and helps our commitment of 10% for open space (per CPA requirements)
- There will be a longer term plan for the development of the property for recreation space. The Town staff had not yet put the plan together in the short time for this approval process. They are working on it and it will be presented later for discussion and approval. Where the funds come from (operations or CPA) remains to be determined
- Public access and parking one of the key questions to be addressed. Currently, there is no access to the property from Maple St, limited access is from the neighboring areas. How much parking and where is a key question.
As with most meetings in this pandemic period, I took my notes via Twitter during the meeting reporting in real-time via the virtual session.
Photos captured during the meeting, shared via Twitter can be found in one album https://photos.app.goo.gl/faxfnWxyioZYWiVx6
The Twitter hashtag can be found online #cpc0617
- 3rd of the series of public hearings on the Maple Hill 'right of first refusal' coming up at 5 PM with the scheduled Community Preservation Committee meeting. They do need to recommend for the TC 2 take action. Agenda doc/Zoom info -> https://franklinma.gov/community-preservation-committee/events/330126 #cpc0617
- Meeting opens, Minutes for approval, second, passes 9-0 Discussion on committee tour of places where requests may be applied for. #cpc0617
- Tour with sign up sheet for Sep seems to be consensus. #cpc0617 likely to be open house for sites at same time. Next up, right of first refusal for Maple Hill property.
- TA Jamie Hellen provides overview of the proposal doc shown to Town Council and finance committee #cpc0617 in case needed, you can find here https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/mai/files/_maple_hill_rofr_open_space_update.pdf
- One of the open space slides #cpc0617
- Key slide with the three options being explained on how to buy the property. #cpc0617
- Key summary slide of the options with recommendation for purchase option 1 #cpc0617
- Motion to approve option 1, seconded. Discussion. Clarification on the CPA funds of 1.3m per year expected of which 200k/year would be used for this. Still leaves plenty for other uses and helps our commitment of 10% for open space. #cpc0617
- There will be a longer term plan for the development of the property for recreation space, whether the funds also come from operations or CPA remains a question to be decided. #cpc0617
- After discussion, roll call vote, passes 9-0. #cpc0617
- Motion to adjourn, passes 9-0 #cpc0617
Post a Comment