"It’s time to break some old habits: State officials are reminding drivers the new hands-free law goes into effect Sunday.
“I think all of us have to unlearn behaviors that we have been learning since smartphones have become part of our lives," Secretary of Transportation Stephanie Pollack said Thursday at a news conference.
Massachusetts, Governor Charlie Baker said, "consistently rates among the 10 worst states in the country for distracted driving, and I think in many ways this law is overdue, but I also believe it will, over time, save lives.”
- "You CAN’T enter a number or talk on a phone without hands-free mode
- You CAN’T look at photos or videos
- You STILL CAN’T text while driving
- You CAN’T use your phone at a stoplight
- If you’re under 18, you CAN’T use your phone in any capacity"
Continue reading the article online to find out what you CAN do under this new law (subscription may be required)
|(Photo = XREFLEX - STOCK.ADOBE.COM via BostonGlobe.com)|