The Franklin Public Schools will foster within its students the knowledge and skills to find and achieve satisfaction in life as productive global citizens.
|Franklin Public Schools|
"The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law."
1. Routine Business
Review of Agenda
Minutes: I recommend approval of the minutes from the April 29, 2014 School Committee Meeting.
Payment of Bills Mr. Clement
Payroll Mrs. Douglas
FHS Student Representatives
Correspondence: Budget to Actual – Miriam Goodman
a. Annie Sullivan Update – Beth Wittcoff, Rebecca Motte
b. New Policy – First Readings – Lisa Trainor, Sally Winslow
1. GBADA – Fingerprint-Based Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) Checks Made for Non-Criminal Justice Purposes.
presentation document can be viewed here
policy document can be viewed here
2. CB – School Superintendent3. Discussion Only Items
a. Policy Elimination – First Readings
1. CBC – Superintendents Powers and Responsibilitiesb. BICO – Capital Improvement Policy; Annual Appointment
2. BDC – Appointed Committee Officials
4. Action Items
a. I recommend that the facility currently known as Franklin High School be declared surplus effective June 25, 2014.
b. I recommend moving Policys:
1. (New) GBADA – Fingerprint-Based Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) Checks Made for Non-Criminal Justice Purposes; andc. I recommend acceptance of checks totaling $1,525.00 from the JFK PCC for field trips as detailed.
2. (New) CB – School Superintendent
3. (Elimination) CBC – Superintendents Powers and Responsibilities
4. (Elimination) BDC – Appointed Committee Officials to a second reading.
d. I recommend acceptance of a check for $282.66 from Wells Fargo for in-house enrichment at FHS.
e. I recommend acceptance of a check for $2,600.00 from the Franklin Music Boosters for district wide in-house enrichment.
f. I recommend acceptance of checks totaling $1,435.00 in memory of Mr. Joseph DeNapoli for in-house enrichment at FHS as follows:
1. John A. Cataldo - $1,000.00g. I recommend acceptance of a check for $1,000.00 from Fidelity for a FHS scholarship in memory of Fernando P. Baglioni.
2. Ann Sullivan - $15.00
3. Laurel J. Anderson - $50.00
4. Sheila C. Wilson - $20.00
5. Janice Capen - $50.00
6. Richard Winning – $100.00
7. Cyd C. Ostrovsky - $50.00
8. Janet M. Horstman - $25.00
9. Ralph L. Ellis - $100.00
10. Mark and Barbara Zenobia - $25.00
h. I recommend acceptance of checks totaling $3,030.73 from Keller PCC for field trips.
i. I recommend approval of declaring FHS Band Uniforms surplus as detailed.
j. I recommend acceptance of a check for $500.00 from Boks – Rebok for supplies at Davis Thayer.
k. I recommend acceptance of a check for $440.00 from the Oak Street PCC for field trips.
l. I recommend acceptance of a check for $1,875.00 from the ASMS PCC for field trips.
m. I recommend declaring the attached list of FHS fitness equipment as surplus.
n. I recommend adoption of the BICO Capital Improvement Policy as detailed.
o. I recommend Maureen Sabolinski be appointed as a BICO board member for the 2014-2015 school year.
5. Information Matters
School Committee Sub-Committee Reports
School Committee Liaison Reports
6. New Business
To discuss future business that may be brought before the School Committee.
7. Executive Session
Post a Comment