The Franklin Public Schools will foster within its students the knowledge and skills to find and achieve satisfaction in life as productive global citizens.
"The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law."
|Franklin Public Schools|
1. Routine Business
Review of Agenda
Minutes: I recommend approval of the minutes from the June 24, 2014 School Committee Meeting.
Payment of Bills Mr. Clement
Payroll Mrs. Douglas
FHS Student Representatives
Correspondence: BICO Info and Activities
a. School Lunch Price Increase – Miriam Goodman
b. Student Technology Insurance Revolving Account – Miriam Goodman
3. Discussion Only Items
Policy – First Reading
JJE – Student Fundraising
Policy – Second Readings
AC – Discrimination Harassment
CHCA – Approval of Student Handbooks
IJOAA – Field Trips
JICFB – Bullying
JII – Student Complaints and Grievances
JLCD – Self-Administration Medication
Elimination of Policies
AC-E – Public Discrimination Complaints
AC-R – Harassment Discrimination Investigation Checklist
ACA – Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Gender
ACAB – Sexual Harassment Policy for Students
ACE – Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Disability
ACE-R – Rights of Handicapped Persons
4. Action Items
a. I recommend moving Policy JJE – Student Fundraising to a second reading.
b. I recommend adoption of the following revised policies:
1. AC – Discrimination Harassmentc. I recommend elimination of the following Policies:
2. CHCA – Approval of Student Handbooks
3. IJOAA – Field Trips
4. JICFB – Bullying
5. JII – Student Complaints and Grievances
6. JLCD – Self-Administration Medication
1. AC-E – Public Discrimination Complaintsd. I recommend acceptance of a check for $150.00 from Janet DeNapoli in memory of Mr. Joseph DeNapoli for FHS in-house enrichment.
2. AC-R – Harassment Discrimination Investigation Checklist
3. ACA – Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Gender
4. ACAB – Sexual Harassment Policy for Students
5. ACE – Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Disability
6. ACE-R – Rights of Handicapped Persons
e. I recommend acceptance of a check for $3,045.00 from the Franklin Music Boosters for FHS music department.
f. I recommend approval of the school lunch price increase as detailed.
g. I recommend establishment of a student technology insurance revolving account as detailed.
5. Information Matters
School Committee Sub-Committee Reports
School Committee Liaison Reports
6. New Business
To discuss future business that may be brought before the School Committee.
Agendas for the School Committee can be found here