- The Memorandum of Understanding between the Town of Franklin and the School Committee/School District was review, some minor changes made to the prior agreement and the whole item was approved by a 7-0 vote. It now goes to the Town Council for their approval.
- Several updates on the preparation for opening school next week were provided. Additional administration changes were made, additional enrollments are still being seen (6 families enrolled today).
- "increased complexity and rigor" is the theme for the coming school year for improvements to the instruction and curriculum.
- The transportation plan was reviewed. Links provided for the bus schedule and several forms related to bus stops.
- The reduced price lunch application form is now online (link provided)
- Security was addressed by a number of 'minor' changes. The major security review is still in process by the vendor. The full report is expected later this year with any recommendations to be included in the capital budget planning (also later this year) and then for potential decisions with the budget reviews by the Finance Committee and Town Council in an April/May 2016 time frame.
When I discovered that I was missing a few key components to my mobile reporting tools, I resorted to using Twitter to post my notes and then put together a Storify summary.
I am getting to like this method. You'll have to let me know if it works for you.