- Franklin, 6 @ Mansfield, 14 – Final
– Sophomore Tyler Dalton struck out five in five innings of work to earn his first career win. Mansfield’s offense exploded with Kevin Dow and Mike Arnold each going 3-4 with three runs scored, Jake Tryder going 2-3 with two RBI and Tyrone Pascual went 2-3 with an RBI for the Hornets.
- Franklin, 2 @ Mansfield, 7 – Final
– Freshman Mady Bendanillo had a career day, connecting on a pair of home runs to lead the Hornets. Bendanillo hit a solo home run in the first inning and then connected for her first career grand slam in the second inning. The tandem of pitcher Maddie Letendre and catcher Bri Homer limited the Panthers at the plate. Letendre struck out six in a complete game while Homer played great behind the plate according to head coach Lori Letendre. Maddie Letendre helped her cause at the plate, going 2-3, while Megan Letendre, Kara Bendanillo, Rachel Carafa, Homer and Liz Mackin all had hits. For Franklin, Ally Shea went 2-4 with a run scored, Clara DeCarvalho was 2-4 and Alyssa Dasilva had a pair of RBIs in the top of the seventh.
- Mansfield, 1 @ Franklin, 4 – Final
– Franklin won at second and third singles as well as first and second doubles to get the win. Junior Eli Brooks won 6-0, 6-3 at second singles and Tom Mancini won 6-0, 6-1 at third singles. James Johnston and Cam Piana won 6-0, 6-2 at first doubles and the team of Jeremy Gran and Dan Barrow won 6-0, 6-2 at second doubles.
- Franklin, 4 @ Mansfield, 1 – Final
- Franklin, 7 @ Cohasset, 8 – Final
– Senior Austin Kent and sophomore Eric Civetti both scored a hat trick and registered an assist for the Panthers. Head coach Lou Verrochi said Sophomore Connor O’Rourke was superb in goal with nine saves.
|Luke Gordon (32) battles with a Cohasset player in Friday’s non-conference matchup. (Phil Garceau/ESPN Boston)|
For the remainder of the results around the Hockomock League on Friday