On July 29, 2014, while off duty, my friend and fellow Taunton Firefighter, Chad "Choggy" Larivee suffered a severe spinal cord injury, resulting from a fall from a roof. Chad, along with two other off duty firefighters, was repairing a roof when Chad fell approximately twenty-five feet. Chad was immediately flown to Rhode Island Hospital Trauma Center where he underwent over 9 hours of extensive surgery. At that time it was determined that Chad's accident had left him paralyzed.Upon receiving this devastating news, Chad's brother and sister firefighters, friends, and family did what they do best and jumped into action. Knowing the possible financial struggles that come with an accident like this, the Taunton firefighters kicked their fundraising efforts into high gear.In this past 3 years Chad and his family have had to make some major adjustments. Many of these adjustments were facilitated by the people and local businesses that donated to, and or attended the past years fundraisers. The donations have also helped to offset the cost of some of Chad's much needed therapy, which is not covered by medical insurance.The members of the Taunton Fire Department, along with Chad's family and friends, are coming together once again to hold our 4th Annual "Choggy Strong" Firefighter Fundraiser. We are currently seeking raffle prize donations that will be used during our event to be held on Saturday, October 7, 2017 at the PACC in Taunton. Please consider donating, so that we can help assist our brother firefighter and his family in their continued fight. If you or your business is able to donate, please contact Anne Gilberti at 508-667-4066 or firstname.lastname@example.org.