** Boys Soccer = Attleboro, 0 @ Franklin, 4 – Final
– After leading by one at halftime, Franklin found of the back of the net three times in the second half to pull away from the Bombardiers. Jacob Cummings scored for the third straight game for Franklin, scoring a pair of goals in the win. Lucas Moura opened the scoring in the first half, going in alone on the keeper on a feed from Matt Szczepanowski to put the Panthers ahead 1-0. Cummings nodded in a header from Ethan Cain’s corner to make it 2-0, senior Sam Stowell converted a penalty kick, and Cummings powered his way to another goal to make it 4-0. Senior Jack Rudolph played well in net for the Panthers.
** Girls Soccer = Franklin, 1 @ Attleboro, 0 – Final
– In a game that was affected by heavy winds, Franklin got the game’s only goal 11 minutes into the second half. Sabrina Addi’s free kick bounced around in the box and Chloe Barca prodded it home. The Bombardiers played well defensively, according to head coach Steve Santos, but struggled to create scoring opportunities. He praised Sophia Salviati and Emily Antonik for holding down the Attleboro defensive unit.
** Field Hockey = Attleboro, 1 @ Franklin, 2 – Final
– Franklin scored a pair of early goals and flexed its defensive muscles to earn a win over visiting Attleboro. Lelia Frankina put the Panthers ahead just over two minutes into the game, and Kaitlyn Carney doubled the advantage 39 seconds later. Attleboro’s Anna Beck cut the deficit in half on an assist from Emelia Westwater. Franklin goalie Neilee Hess made seven saves in the win.
** Volleyball= Attleboro, 0 @ Franklin, 3 – Final
– Franklin defended home court with a 3-0 (25-15, 25-11, 25-13) sweep over visiting Attleboro. Sophomore Cailyn Mackintosh paced the offense with 16 assists while freshman Meghan Linkilla played well, adding nine assists. Allyson Bonnet-Eymard put down 13 kills and Bridget Jackson finished with six aces for the Panthers.
** Boys Cross Country = Oliver Ames, 32 @ Franklin, 23 – Final
– Franklin had three of the top four runners and four of the top seven to earn a win over Oliver Ames. Tyler Brogan (16:34) and Nicholas Calitri (16:39) finished five seconds apart to take first and second.
Results: 1. Tyler Brogan, Fra (16:34) 2. Nicholas Calitri, Fra (16:39) 4. Camden Harrington, Fra (17:08) 7. Declan Walmsley, Fra (17:39) 9. Clancy Golden, Fra (17:56)
** Girls Cross Country = Oliver Ames, 27 @ Franklin, 28 – Final
** Golf = Franklin, 161 @ Canton, 155 – Final
– In a battle of two of the top teams in the Hockomock League, Canton prevailed with the win and stayed unbeaten on the season. Conor Hunter earned match medalist honors, firing a low round of 37. Chris Lavoie and Mike Leonetti each shot 39 in the win. Franklin’s Jack Paterson led the way for the Panthers with a 38 while Brian Sandham added a 40 and Pat Dolan finished with a 41.
For other results around the Hockomock League
|FHS girls and boys soccer, volleyball, field hockey, and boys cross country teams post wins|
Post a Comment