The good thing? Backup! My digital stuff – every last bit of my digital life – lives in three places. I accessed my backup files – typing this very missive and program schedule with my backup computer. Yes, I have one.
Digitally, this is not my first cataclysmic crash, nor will it be the last. How often? It happens roughly every 3-5 years. It’s never pleasant, but it is survivable.
|Back Up - Just Do It|
Our lives are increasingly digital. Our computers and smartphones rule our day, making our lives easier, better – until they fail.
Failure is not an option. Not today.
That’s because backing up all my digital stuff is not an option.
And – as always – Thank you for listening to wfpr●fm. And, thank you for watching.
by Pete Fasciano, Executive Director
P.S. It’s not too late to start a New Year’s resolution – backing up all your stuff.
Buy a small external hard drive. Then organize and make a backup copy of any digital files you regard as precious. Update your backup often, if not daily. Your future self will thank you.
- 9:00a/12:00p /6:00p FPS Voice – Anne Marie Tracey, All about Franklin Public Schools
- 10:00a/1:00p/7:00p The Wonderful World of Wine – Mark Lenzi, Kim Simone, All about wine, its culture, lore and finer points
- 11:00a/2:00p/8:00p Franklin Matters Radio – Steve Sherlock, Franklin and its local government, services and events
- 9:00a/12:00p/6:00p The Tabernacle Choir, from Salt Lake City
- 10:00a/1:00p/7:00p Frank’s Music – Frank Falvey, Frank explores a range of music genres and artists
- 11:00a/2:00p/8:00pm Talkin’ the Blues – Jim Derick, Exploring the music of the great Blues tradition
- 9:00a/12:00p /6:00p Chapters – Jim Derick, Insightful, life-affirming stories and interviews
- 10:00a/1:00p/7:00p Music to Lift the Spirit - Jim Derick & Frank Falvey, An hour of uplifting music for all
- 11:00a/2:00p/8:00pm Senior Story Hour – Senior Center Scribblers Group, Original short stories presented by the authors
- 3:00p Music of the Swingin’ Big Band Era
- 4:00p Starlight Songs from the Great American Songbook
Listen each week on the air at 102●9 fm, and online at our website, wfpr●fm as we bring more of our community – to community radio.
|Listen on the air at 102●9 fm, and online at our website, wfpr●fm|