From HockomockSports.com we share the FHS spring sports results:
Baseball = Franklin @ Foxboro – Postponed to Friday, 5/7 at 4:00
Softball = Foxboro, 5 @ Franklin, 0 – Final
– Eighth grader Emma Callahan tossed a complete game shutout in her varsity debut, striking out one to help the Warriors win on the road. Senior Morgan Sylvestre paced the Foxboro offense (10 hits as a team), going 4-for-4 with two RBI while Peyton Feldman added two hits in the win. Senior Nicole Theriault came through with a big sacrifice in the third to set the Warriors up for runs.
Boys Lacrosse = Foxboro, 6 @ Franklin, 18 – Final
– Sophomores Luke Davis and Jayden Consigli combined for 10 goals in their Franklin debuts and senior Matt Lazzaro had five points, as the Panthers opened the season with a dominating home win. Davis got the Panthers off to a great start with a first quarter hat trick. Tim Walsh, Owen Kielty, and Consigli each added one as well for the Panthers and freshman Lincoln Moore got his first varsity goal for the Warriors who trailed 6-1 after one. Tommy Sharkey scored a man-up goal to start the second, but Franklin answered with seven straight goals to open a double-digit lead. Consigli had a hat trick in the second, two of them assisted by Davis, who added two goals of his own in the quarter. Mike Griffin and Lazzaro also scored in the run, before Foxboro got one back to make it 13-3 at the half. Lazzaro and Davis traded assists on each other’s goals to start the third, but freshman Connor Noone got his first career goal and Moore added his second. Conor O’Neil scored back-to-back goals to push the lead up to 12 in the fourth. Noone got his second of the day, but Ravin Chaudhury capped the scoring with his first with two minutes to go.
– Click here for a Photo Gallery from this game -> https://hockomocksports.smugmug.com/2020-2021/Spring-2021/Franklin-Foxboro-Boys-Lacrosse-05-06-21/
Girls Lacrosse = Foxboro, 10 @ Franklin, 19 – Final
Boys Tennis = Foxboro, 1 @ Franklin, 4 – Final
– Franklin swept both doubles matches in straight sets and added two more wins in singles action to open the season with a win over Foxboro. Senior Liam Marr won 6-2, 6-0 at first singles while junior Vayshnav Malhotra secured a 6-0, 6-2 decision at second singles. The team of Anish Gundimeda and Sameen Shaik earned a 6-0, 6-1 win at first doubles for the Panthers while Thomas Broyles and Jay Gorgas picked up a 6-0, 6-1 win at second doubles. Foxboro’s Jason Kandula won 6-2, 6-2 at third singles.
Girls Tennis = Franklin, 1 @ Foxboro, 4 – Final
– Foxboro didn’t drop a game in singles action, sweeping all three matches and adding another win in doubles play to beat visiting Franklin. Athena Li (first singles), Pam Nelson (second singles), and Sarah Prag (third singles) all won 6-0, 6-0 while the team of Maggie McAuliffe and Abby Costa secured a 6-3, 6-2 win at first doubles. Franklin’s Amulya Jayam and Shriya Rajesh earned a 6-1, 6-0 win at second doubles.
For other results around the Hockomock League
|FHS on the attack (HockomoskSports.com photo) rosters not yet available|