- The Town Council met in an executive session to review and determine dates for public hearings on the Maple Hill property and right of first refusal
- June 9 is the official public hearing by the Town Council. This meeting will provide additional details on the property and the right of first refusal process
- The June 15 meeting of the Community Preservation Committee and the June 16 meeting of the Finance Committee will also be opportunities for the community to discuss and provide input.
- No decisions will be made at these June meetings. The Town has 120 days to decide.
As with most meetings in this pandemic period, I took my notes via Twitter during the meeting reporting in real-time via the virtual session
The Twitter hashtag can be found online #tc0519
The agenda doc for this meeting can be found
- Town council up next at 7 for an added session to review the right of first refusal for the Maple Hill property. Mostly to be done in executive session. So it will be interesting to see how that works with Zoom. They are supposed to come out and make a statement before closing
- Town Council agenda doc https://franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/agendas/_2021-05-19_town_council_agenda_1.pdf #tc0519 includes the connection info
- Meeting opens #tc0519
- Motion and second to go to executive session. Passes 9-0 So they put us all back in the Zoom waiting room. We will sit and wait until they come out and let us back in again. Stay tuned! #tc0519
- Note: The recording of the ‘real’ meeting time will exclude the approx 60 minutes of silence (Tweet time stamped at 7:08 PM to enter executive session; tweet announces return at 8:05 PM)
- Resuming at approx 8:05 PM #tc0519
- Required public hearing date set Jun 9, 7 PM #tc0519 full agenda is not yet set. Overview presentation on right of first refusal (process) by Town Administrator Jamie Hellen. In person participation will be limited due to construction at building, register individual ->
- Representing, Zoom capacity expanded to 300 to accommodate the hearing and any speakers. Jun 15, Community Preservation Committee will consider, as well as Finance Committee on Jun 16 #tc0519 there will be time for considerations
- There is no final vote or decision on Jun 9 ( or the other public meetings) #tc0519 Motion to adjourn, seconded, passes 9-0 Thanks, that's all for tonight, catch you next time!