An incredible facility project is coming soon for our Franklin Y – a new, renovated Lee Robbins Memorial Gymnasium!
This renovation is the first in a series of renovation projects in our branches to enhance the members experience, as part of our 50th Anniversary.
Renovations will include:
- New hardwood floor installation
- New safety padding
- New court lines for basketball & pickleball play
- Fresh coat of paint including the 2nd floor track area
- Four New Backboards
- Enhanced storage
Please note the following closure information as part of the renovation:
- The indoor track will be closed for painting Monday, October 3 and will re-open Monday, October 10. All members are welcome to use the Foxboro Y indoor track during this time.
- The gymnasium will close on Monday, October 10th for the renovations to begin. It will reopen in November. An exact re-open date will be shared soon, as the project begins.
All members are welcome to use our gymnasiums in North Attleboro and Foxboro (indoor track too) during this closure & renovation. Visit those branch pages for real-time schedules for open basketball times including pickleball and other gym activities.
We are excited for these renovations to begin and will be a great enhancement for our youth and adult basketball & pickleball programs and for group exercise classes taking place in the gymnasium.
You can expect a fresh, modern, welcoming space for our members who play basketball, for our gymnasts, and for family members to enjoy activities during open gymnasium times. Similar to a project completed at the North Attleboro Y in 2019, our gymnasium will have a new maple hardwood floor, new safety padding, enhanced storage, new court lines for basketball and pickleball play, and a fresh coat of paint including the entire second floor track area.
Thank you for your understanding as we make improvements and enhancements to our facilities. We are excited about our new Gymnasium and look forward to sharing it with our members and the community. See you on the court!
Shared from the Hockomock Y page -> https://www.hockymca.org/franklin-gymnasium-renovation/