Thursday, March 26, 2009

"thought that I better get out just in case"

Posted Mar 25, 2009 @ 11:48 PM
Last update Mar 25, 2009 @ 11:54 PM


The boiler room of Franklin Paint Co., at 259 Cottage St., suffered structural damage when it caught on fire at about 1:30 p.m. yesterday, said Fire Chief Gary McCarraher. No one was hurt.

The fire was quickly contained, though firefighters tore at the building from the roof to ventilate it and check for fire inside the walls, McCarraher said.

The fire appeared to be accidental, McCarraher said. It broke out after some employees were doing work in the boiler room. The fire was under control about half an hour later, he said.

"Raw materials in the boiler room caught on fire and damage spread to the roof," McCarraher said. "The structure of the boiler room has a lot of damage, and there is light smoke damage throughout the room."

Read the full article about the fire in the Milford Daily News here

No comments:

Post a Comment