Join Healthy Futures Franklin to create sustainable change in our community. We believe that it takes a village (or community) to energize, inspire, and spark change. We are looking for sparkplugs (volunteers to serve on subcommittees) in Franklin who also believe that:
- Play is powerful – Access to parks, outdoor recreation, and sidewalks is a priority.
- Healthy eating is a right not a privilege – Access to healthy, affordable foods is possible.
- United voices create change – Increase awareness of programs, projects and polices underway.
Healthy Futures Franklin, a Mass in Motion Initiative sponsored by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, is a community-driven coalition committed to promoting healthy eating and active living through programs, projects and policies, making the healthy choice the easy choice.
|Healthy Futures Franklin|
|Mass in Motion|
Subcommittees will be meeting for the first time on March 20th at the Franklin Food Pantry Conference Room to focus on developing time lines to implement high impact strategies and policies to improve the health of Franklin. Become part of the movement or attend to learn more. There is no obligation to stay involved, but please consider learning what this is all about and help be part of the solution.
Both Subcommittees are scheduled to meet Wednesday, March 20, at the Franklin Food Pantry back to back to accommodate community members who are interested in both areas of focus.
- Active Living Subcommittee – Wednesday, March 20, 6 – 7 PM
- Healthy Eating Subcommittee – Wednesday, March 20, 7 – 8 PM
Please contact Lauren Marciszyn at 774.235.2737 or via email at LaurenM@hockymca.org to become involved, join our mailing list or learn more about this coalition.