FOOD IN SCHOOL AND CAFETERIA POLICY
Outside of the cafeteria and the designated area in the Media Center food and drink WILL NOT be allowed in the classrooms or hallways. Students will not be allowed to bring any outside beverage other than water into the school.
The school cafeteria is a vital part of the daily operation of our school.
The following regulations govern student behavior during the lunch period:
(Violations of cafeteria rules will result in progressive discipline.)
1. Food or drink may not be taken from the cafeteria.
2. When lunch period is over, students are to deposit paper and other trash in the proper
receptacles. ALL STUDENTS SEATED AT A TABLE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CLEANLINESS OF THAT TABLE.
3. Students are expected to enter the cafeteria at the beginning of their assigned lunch and
remain for the entire lunch period.
4. Students are not to throw anything at any time in the cafeteria.
5. Cutting in lunch lines is prohibited.
6. The consumption of food in the halls and classes will not be tolerated.
You can find this text on page 76 in the PDF copy here
Video Replay of School Committee meetingThe video replay of the School Committee meeting on Aug 12 is available from the Franklin webpage. You can go directly via this link
(Note: the high school portion of the handbook discussion begins approx. 17 minutes.
The food discussion begins at about 35 minutes)
You can also navigate via the new layout of the Franklin webpage. Choose "Live Meetings and Video", select August and then choose the School Committee meeting for Aug 12.
|screen image of the re-designed Franklin webpage|